Tuesday 16 March 2010

first and probably last

Hello

Having spent a lot of my allocated procrastination time on Hypem.com, I have decided that blogs aren't just for freaks and weird people.

I've left the 'Hello' field blank. I always thought that if I was to write a diary, its purpose would be 1) my own amusement at the end of the year / however long it takes me to physically finish a book and 2) for people to dig up ages and ages later and find that there was once an odd child that roamed the earth for a while, recorded insignificant happenings and promptly forgot to continue writing after a couple of entries. For these reasons I have left it unaddressed. I don't really want to say Hi, me or Hi, public (because, to be honest, who is reading... unless you've found me on Google, bothered to subscribe because this looks oh so promising, and put it on your Google reader or something and have become my (one and only) stalker) Thinking about it now, it is just me reading, hence the waffle up there is completely irrelevant. Weird.

I do suspect I will forget about this after a while, but maybe I will put it to good use. Maybe I'll get very intimate with this inanimate cyber domain and talk about how who did what and who said what to whom and why this person is doing this and which TV shows I'm watching. Maybe not. Maybe I'll invite my friends to read this. Maybe I won't. Maybe in a couple of years. It would be a good gift. Perhaps, for everyone's 21st birthdays, I could include a link for this blog and they could come scour it for their names and go 'oh, hey! I was mentioned'. But that would require them being sufficiently obsessed with me and my opinion, otherwise it would be a pretty crap present.

For now, however, I like it this way, just mine.

PS what if I forget everything that happens? I can hardly remember what I had for lunch... Perhaps this was a good plan after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment